What is the High Point Market Insider’s Tour?
The High Point Market Insider’s Tour is specifically for new buyers or those who haven’t been to Market more than once within the past few years. It is organized by the Market Authority in conjunction with Esteem Media (the same folks who put on the Design Influencer Conference). I think it is one of the best new offerings at Market. Why? because Market is overwhelming for new attendees.
With over 12 million square feet of showrooms, it’s nearly impossible to visualize just how big Market is until you make the trek and see for yourself.
Just take a look at that map behind those designers! Each of those colored blocks has multiple buildings, each with many showrooms. There are buildings so big you can get lost in all the different “wings” that shoot off of each floor.
Why attend The HP Market Insiders Tour?
1. Prevent Overwhelm and make the most of your first trip to Market
Thanks to the HP Market Insiders Tour, you don’t have to waste your first visit overwhelmed. Trying to navigate the maze of buildings and vendors can be overwhelming. I will be leading a curated tour to some of my favorite showrooms. It will be a nice mixture of big name vendors, along with small independent Makers. There will even be some photography tips thrown in to help you with your social media posts! By the end of the day you will have a feel for the lay of the land and will have visited some great showrooms.
2. Get out of your design rut
Do you feel like you’ve fallen into a design rut, using the same vendors over and over? During the tour you will discover some new vendors and product. As a color lover, I gravitate toward showrooms that are visually stimulating, have fine craftsmanship and align with my practical, family focused clients.
3. Networking opportunities
Market can feel lonely for first time attendees, especially if you travel alone. Spending the day with a like minded group is not only fun but allows for great networking opportunities. I have met so many friends at market who I previously only knew online. Besides making new friends, all the big names in the industry are there for you to connect with. It is one of two times a year that you have access to the brand’s top brass.
4. It’s Fun
The High Point Market Authority has done an exceptional job of making Market a “must attend” destination for designers. Yes, we are there to meet with our vendors and source new product but Market is also fun. There is food and drink in almost every showroom and in the evening you have your pick of dozens of cocktail parties. There is also big name entertainment out in the square.
5. I’ll be sharing smartphone photography tips
High Point Market is a great opportunity to get tons of photos for social media, blog posts and the latest IG craze, Reels! As a Smartphone Photography instructor, I’ll be there to share photo tips and give some one-on-one help if needed.
6. It’s FREE!
Not only is the High Point Market Insider’s tour free, but the group will be hosted for breakfast, lunch and end of the day cocktails. So…have I convinced you to join me this October 22nd on my Insider Tour? If so, here are the requirements and a link to sign up.
- The tour is FREE but participants are responsible for their travel and hotel arrangements.
- All participants must be able to attend on Saturday, October 14th from 8:30AM -6PM in order to qualify for the Insider’s Tour.
- Partial-day participation is not available so please make your travel plans accordingly or you’ll forfeit your spot on the Tour if unable to participate from 8:30AM – 6:PM.
- All participants on the Tour must submit an application and be approved to join the Tour.
- No more than 2 people from the same company can participate on a single Tour.
- If 2 are attending from the same company, each person must submit an application form.
- Application deadline is September 29th, 2023 but note that all Tours fill up quickly so we encourage you to apply early to secure a spot with your requested Tour Guide